Friday 25 September 2009

Amy says thanks.

Amy Gallagher recently returned back from Kenya with this lovely message of thanks:
Hi David, How are you and how are the new Kenya crew doing? Not long till they go now :) I just wanted to thank you, as never got round to it before and feel bad about that. I just wanted to thank you for the oppurtunity to go to Kenya. I have to honestly say it was the best experience of my life and will never forget it.

Karanja and Mary were both a big help always and were so nice it was like having another family (along with Mrs Maina too of course) :) If you ever need any help with anything, be it interviews or inductions, just let me know because i promise i'd not run out of things to say - in fact maybe's its not the best idea as i may bore them all to death :)

No but seriously, if there is anything i can do to help you, to pay back my thanks, please just let me know. I hope to go back, with many of the others, next year sometime in July just to visit and hopefully we'll raise some more money for both the orphanage and school, so promise that we will keep you updated.

Baraka was such an amazing placement and absolutly loved volunteers coming over. They took ellen leaving early in good peace and welcomed Ben with open arms on a thursday when he didnt have any lessons at his own school. The teachers were so friendly and i hope that, if there aren't volunteers going this time, that you will seriously consider them for next year because they really are a great school :)

I wish you all the best and as am hoping to take another gap year after uni (if money allows) :), then i will definetly go with your Gap company. Thank you so much again.Amy G xxx

Thank goes to Amy for all her hard work whilst in Kenya.

No comments: