Friday 19 June 2009

Swine Flu cuts short Sam's placement in Honduras

Hey David,
Just a quick message to let you know that myself and Hannah have decided to return to England earlier than planned. We are flying out of San Pedro Sula on monday morning and arriving back in England on Tuesday. Reasons being that the school is closed for at least two weeks which although may not sound long, is quite a long time when we have nothing to do. Swine flu has got to the school and so some of the children are ill so they have closed for a short time. We are also getting fed up of the heat as we have both been ill recently and that combined with the food is not making us feel any better and so we think that this is as good a time as any to return to England.

I would just like to say thank you for everything you have done, for getting me here safely and without hassle, finding us an amazing host, she really is lovely and has made my time here very enjoyable. I may even be returning in a couple years time to live with her for a year as part of my university degree, so thank you for giving me these opportunities. It has been great to be involved in helping people that actually need our support and seeing our hard work being successful. I have had so much fun working at the school with the children and also at the orphanages, its been a great experience and has confirmed my love for this type of work. Again thank you for all your support, we both really appreciate it.
Best wishes
Samantha

No comments: