Friday 20 February 2009

Claire is soon to return from volunteering in India

This is an extract from an email we have just received from one of our volunteers, Claire, and it shows how much she has enjoyed her gap year experience:

"Hi guys, Just a little note to remind you that we're coming home!!! YAY! Cannot tell you how mixed up my emotions are right now as are the other two girls. We are so excited to have completed our placement and that we are coming home but at the same time absolutely devastated that we have to leave our new home."

"We are all very attached to India and have huge ties here including friends and new families. I will be returning to SOS (the orphanage) for a day before I leave if possible to say goodbye to my friends there and my Indian mother who took care of me while I was there. I am still in contact with a number of people including several volunteers."

"I cannot begin to tell you how amazing this experience has been. I know you hear it from every single person who becomes part of the team but I do really mean it. Nobody really understands what it means when they say a gap year changes you. Now i understand."

If you want to find out more about our placements in India email david@changingworlds.co.uk or go to our website: http://www.changingworlds.co.uk/default.aspx?qlink=india

No comments: